Need a break from playing your PS4 nonstop? (And a lot of you probably do.)
Check out what you missed last week on the SALT™ Blog. It’s still screen time, just with fewer explosions. (Fewer, but not none—we did talk about Guy Fawkes, after all.)
- Last Monday was Veterans Day, and in honor of the occasion, we marched Ashley Norwood’s post about student loan benefits for servicemembers out of our archive.
- Ashley also chipped in that Fawkes-inspired post, telling recent grads to “remember, remember” that their loans are due in December.
- Sasha Laferte turned 21 over the weekend (happy belated, Sasha!) and she celebrated with a list of 21 money-savvy things. She likely had a party, too.
- You wouldn’t know it from the 60-degree (!) weather here in Boston, but cold and flu season is upon us. Brigit Bauma prescribed some remedies to make you feel better, without your wallet feeling worse.
- Our resident mom, Sarah Barker, offered advice for college students who want to gain a bit more independence from their pushy “snowplow” parents.
- Amanda Abella shared five things you should never say in a job interview. And, yes, these are real things people shared with her. Don’t be one of them.
- We had a great video of the week for you. Steve Martin was there! Amy Poehler was there! Stick around and check it out! (It was an old SNL clip. This is the closest I’ll ever come to doing a monologue there. I should have done a musical number …)
- In a special infographic, FaceTheRed.com sponsor BenchPrep broke down the differences between the GMAT and the GRE. It’s more than just a couple letters, apparently.
- Susie Boretti gave us a little inspirational reading, detailing how she’s halfway to meeting her goal of paying off her grad school debt in a year.
- SALT comics returned. And while our previous Halloween-inspired installment was frightening, our latest creation was scary for an entirely different reason.
- Speaking of scary things, it’s officially college application time for high school seniors. Self-appointed admissions adviser/annoying older sister Carmen Guzmán told us how her little brother is handling the pressure.
What was your favorite post from the past week? Boost a writer’s ego in the comments!