(And really take a break if this is the costume you came up with. Come on, society.)
- There are a couple instances where time is on your side. One: You’re a serial killer whose spirit can possess people (hey, it is Halloween week). Two: when you invest your money. Unsurprisingly, our latest saltmoney.org article focused on the latter.
- Jonathan Sparling is a financial expert, our newest blog contributor, and yes, a walking cliché. That’s because his “Latte Factor” actually is lattes. (Well, iced coffee, but still.) He shared some ways to kick (or, more likely, manage) your own factor.
- Mike Restiano must spend a lot of time on the collegiate version of WebMD (WebPh.D.?). After previously self-diagnosing his application blues, he’s now calling himself a SWUG sufferer—though he thinks he’s found the cure to being a “senior washed up guy.”
- Betsy Mayotte and Piglet got back to work, providing answers to borrowers’ questions about making their first loan payments and getting loans out of default.
- Bridget Casey pulled back the curtain into her psyche (it is dark in there!) to reveal her five biggest financial nightmares.
- Bridget wasn’t the only one to share her nightmares this past week, as our burning question found our bloggers passing along some honest financial fears they have. (Which is scarier: zombies or a dissatisfying career? You decide.)
- With his grace period coming to a close, Shane McNichol is putting the knowledge he’s gained about student loans into practice. His first decision? Whether to postpone his payments? (You can probably guess where he landed based on his post’s title.)
- In honor of Shane’s decision, we revisited one of his previous videos of the week—Felix Baumgartner And The Student Loan Parachute—providing an update on how Felix’s latest clip still relates to Shane’s life.
- The calendar has flipped to autumn, which means we’re into potluck season. And that means that Anna Marden is going to score some delicious seasonal veggies, like squash and sweet potatoes, for these cheap, fall favorite recipes.
What was your favorite post from the past week? Let us know in the comments.