Spent the past week on vacation like me? (I know; it’s really over. Trust me—I feel your pain.)
Let’s jump right back in with a look at what you and I may have missed last week on the SALT™ Blog.
- Diane Melville shared everything you need to know about “reverse” transfer.
- Ashley Norwood thanked our troops with a list of 11 ways the federal government thanks servicemembers with student loans.
- Sean Engelking has spent a lot of time dealing with private student loan lenders. His best advice for taking them on? Give them a call.
- Sasha Laferte told us about her crazy week of last-minute apartment shopping, full of triumphs (Gumby figures!) and trials (almost forgetting her mattress).
- Sarah Barker said a goodbye of her own this week, dropping her daughter off for her freshman year of college—but not without a few words of wisdom.
- Brigit Bauma highlighted all the free things you should check out at your library. (Get it? “Check out.” Back from vacation, and hitting the ground running!)
- Amanda Abella helped us understand how to navigate a big company’s hiring process. Snacks are involved.
- Susie Boretti is making the leap from dorm to apartment this September and noticing a lot of differences between the two.
- And lastly, with our summer ending, so too does our summer internship program. Intern Carmen let us know what she learned over the past couple months, as well as what’s next for her. (Becoming a SALT Blog contributor perhaps? Only time will tell …)
Did you have a favorite post from the past week? Let us know what it was in the comments.