Stanley Cup fever is in full swing, so it’s understandable if you paid more attention to the red line than The Red last week.
With a couple days before the finals kicks off, take a moment to check out what you may have missed on the SALT™ Blog.
- We featured a new article on saltmoney.org that covers how gender can affect your starting salary. (The answer is “negatively,” if you’re not assertive.)
- Mike’s time in Oxford is winding down to mere single-digit days. He shared his tips for how you can avoid going broke when you go overseas.
- Traveling was a popular topic (you’d think it was summer or something?), as Susie also talked about spending time abroad. She focused on financial considerations to consider should you move overseas.
- Diane found four scholarship opportunities that have deadlines in July. So, stop reading this and go apply. (Actually, finish reading and then apply … we still have a few weeks until July.)
- Anna passed along some cheap and healthy (but still delicious) ways for you to contribute to a BBQ.
- Bridget told us why she faced her Red—even when her friends didn’t think it made a whole lot of sense.
- Shane graduated from school (and from blog intern to blog contributor—excellent résumé fodder, by the way). He gave us an unemployment update on how he’s staying motivated.
- Amanda helped us start a side hustle, with three questions to ask yourself to get yours off the ground. (There may be more work involved if your first question is, “What’s a side hustle?”)
- Our video of the week demonstrated how confidence pays off no matter what you do.
- Diane outlined the testing requirements that community college transfer students should be aware of. (Sorry, you’re not out of the woods with the SAT or ACT just yet.)
- We went to the movies to detail How To Lose A Loan In 10 Years. Fortunately, no love ferns were hurt in the making of our infographic.
What was your favorite post from the past week? Let us know in the comments.