Did you know that the SALT Blog shares its birthday (July 2) with Lindsay Lohan?
Here’s what we did manage to pack into the past week.
- Our roster of writers kept growing, as we introduced entrepreneur, med student, and former part-time hustler Lee Morris, as well as recent UT Austin grad and Real Housewives-watcher Eveyln Ngugi.
- Real student stories took center stage: SALT intern Jen Scott talked about spending money while in school, while Bryan Roth told us about his post-college experience in the newspaper world.
- Not to be outdone in terms of “lessons learned,” Mike Restiano detailed an aha moment he had about his own spending.
- Mike also taught us that “when life gives you a leaky bus, go with the flow,” with a little help from some YouTube celebs.
- Diane Melville continued her “How to Find a Scholarship” series, showing off some special Google searches and detailing why scholarships are so hard to find.
- Our summer Glee project continued with a suggestion that Finn join ROTC—and a discovery that we may have a supporter on the show.
- We released the first-ever SALT Blog infographic, which stacked up $1 trillion of student debt vs. 10 years of box office blockbusters.
What was your favorite post from the last week? Let us know in the comments.