It’s a busy time of year for college students, with finals to study for, travel plans to make, Heisman trophies to win…
Take a break and catch up on what happened on the SALT Blog last week.
- We started December with a seasonal taste, Starbucks’ holiday cups. Intern Alexandra discussed why she spends so much on caffeine and how she could overcome it. (Gift cards always help this time of year.)
- Mike Restiano has battled London’s exchange rate all semester, but last week his wallet came up against an unexpected storage war. He shared some ways to cut costs on packing supplies.
- We asked “food professional” Michael J Cirino (his quotes, not ours) to share his thoughts on our food-finder app, Nom by SALT™.
- Intern Alexandra shared the inspirations that leave her feeling good this holiday season: Michael Buble and DIY decorations from Pinterest.
- Diane Melville provided a special gift for the holidays—a limited edition Daily Interest covering community college news from November.
- Major League Baseball’s winter meetings went down last week. And while teams threw a lot of money around (painfully so), our latest infographic examined just how hard it is to get money (i.e., scholarships) for playing sports in college let alone the pros.
- Sarah Barker joined the blog to provide a grown-up perspective to these proceedings. (Which is good, because I’m totally not qualified to do so.)
- Intern Shane found out what kind of salary he might earn after college (i.e., much too soon for his liking) in a preview of SALT’s latest webinar, “Income: Chart Your Future.“
- Diane Melville told us that honors classes are your golden ticket if you want to transfer from a community college to a top tier school.
- Intern Shane attempted to “go down in history” (like Rudolph). However, instead of guiding a sleigh, he posted a second DMX video of the week. Which is more impressive? I’ll let you be the judge of that.
- Evelyn Nguigi’s journey to employment ended—almost exactly 1 year after it began. She shared the six lessons she learned along the way.
- Intern Alexandra reviewed the Christmas Gift List Planner app, telling us whether it could actually help her save time and money this holiday season.
- Why do students choose the majors they do? It’s a great question. (Thank you.) We asked the SALT community to share their stories in our latest edition of The Conversation.
- We finally broke our silence on the royal baby the only way we know how… by highlighting successful Kickstarter projects to put entrepreneurial thoughts in your idea oven.
What was your favorite post from the past week? Let us know in the comments.