Originally, my goal was to get the “secretary of explaining stuff” to walk you through last week’s posts.
Alas, his speaking fee didn’t quite fit our money savvy mantra, so you’re stuck with me instead.
- SALT made its initial foray into the funny pages, unveiling our first-ever comic strip.
- Alas, Intern Mike had a “last” paired with that comic strip “first,” as he bid us farewell (for now) in his final check-in of the summer.
- Elsewhere around the blog, Mike also coined some new names for financial terms and gave his student stamp of approval to Credit Karma.
- In non-Mike news (think we might miss him once he leaves for Oxford?), Amanda Abella highlighted 3 ways that new grads may be acting in unrealistic in their job searches.
- We also learned Bridget Casey’s type when it comes to dating: a debt-free guy with a growing retirement savings account.
- Finally, our anonymous hiring manager returned to drop some truth about dropping f-bombs during an interview, as well as salary negotiation and learning from your mistakes on the job.
Did you have a favorite post from this past week? Let us know in the comments.