Every new year, I like to challenge myself to create a single goal and accomplish it before the end of the year. It’s a whole lot easier to focus on one goal than it is to try to tackle many simultaneously.
In 2006, I set out to apply for 100 scholarships. By the end of the year, I had applied for just over 120. As many of you are still pumped from the excitement of the new year, I’d like to challenge you to apply for at least one scholarship each month in 2014.
To help kick off this goal, I found these upcoming scholarship deadlines for February 2014.
Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2014
This scholarship organization has a number of undergraduate scholarships for students who are focused on pursuing a degree in an engineering discipline that is directly related to manufacturing. There are a few scholarship programs listed on the website that have February 1 deadlines.
To apply for the Society of Manufacturing (SME) scholarship, you must apply online by creating an account with SME, selecting the scholarship programs you are interested in and/or eligible for, and submitting your application online.
Scholarship Deadline: February 14, 2014
One of my favorite scholarship organizations, The Hispanic Scholarship Fund, is sponsoring this award in conjunction with the AT&T Foundation. This scholarship is specifically for dependents of AT&T employees. Other eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a dependent of a full-time employee at AT&T (who has worked at AT&T for at least a year)
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must be 26 years or younger as of the scholarship deadline
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be a full-time undergraduate in a degree-granting program at a 4 or 2-year program
Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2014
A little heads up about this scholarship page: There are tons of scholarships from the same organization, due on the same date, but each one requires you to submit a separate application.I highly suggest that you read this scholarship page carefully.
With that aside, these look like great scholarships! The application is simple, the eligibility seems straightforward, and the organization is awarding over $150,000 to 25 students (so your chances of winning are pretty good). To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must attend or plan to attend a college/university in the United States
Note: Different scholarships from this organization have additional requirements. Please read the scholarship page for more details.
Scholarship Deadline: February 28, 2014
The Fisher House Foundation Scholarship for Military Children is a fantastically simple scholarship that has awarded millions of dollars to dependents of military personnel. To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, as a full-time undergraduate in an accredited degree program in the United States
- Must have a minimum college GPA of 2.5
- Community college applicants must be enrolled in a program of studies designed to transfer into a 4-year program
- Must be under the age of 23
- Must be an unmarried dependent of an active duty personnel, reserve/guard, or retired military member. OR you must be a surviving dependent of an individual who died while on active duty or receiving retired pay from the military.
For more information on college scholarship deadlines in 2014, including our scholarship of the month feature, check out our post on upcoming 2014 college scholarship deadlines.
Happy New Year, and happy hunting!
Know of a great scholarship with an application deadline in February? Share it in the comments!
(Photo: Matt Hollingsworth)