Here’s the news that caught my eye today while wondering how to keep from bragging about my school topping this list.
(Oops! Too late. Backdoor bragged it.)
- You know those crazy stories you hear about a stupid interview mistake someone made? This might be the all-time winner. Amid this article detailing some hints (several good ones, by the way) about interviewing, we find the story of an interviewee who brought her cat into the interview. Unless the interview was for a position at Meow Mix, that’s crazy. No wait—even if it were at Meow Mix, bringing a cat to an interview is insane! A puppy I could understand, but no cats.
- If you have student loans, you should care about their interest rates. With current rates set to expire, and therefore double, come July 1, President Obama and Congress will need to act. HackCollege breaks down the latest proposal form POTUS and shows why it matters to you. I can answer the latter: DOUBLED INTEREST RATES.
- Smartphones take over all different facets of our lives these days, but they don’t need to ruin your budget. Cheapism reviewed and recommended several phones that cost less than $50. Not only do you save money, but you’ll freak out a lot less when you inevitably drop it into the toilet three weeks later.
- We talk about how to use, save, and spend money here all the time, but it’s rare for us to talk about the money itself. It’s green paper. Usually nothing to say. Not right now, though. A new $100 bill is on the way. It’s all about the Benjamins, baby.
- My childhood featured a fair share of Fruit by the Foots (Fruits by the Foot? Fruit by the Feet?). But until now, I can’t say I’ve ever had the urge to make my own. BuzzFeed is changing that with this list of 14 beloved snack foods that you can make in your own home. And just like that, Daily Interest is over. I got homemade Goldfish to make …
What money-inspired news caught your eye today? Share with us!