Here’s the news that caught my eye today while thinking that this isn’t the worst thing this guy did with a credit card.
(That would be purchasing a Dwayne Rudd jersey. Any Vikings’ fans with me?)
- We successfully made it through Veterans Day. That means the next savings opportunity is one of the biggest of the year: the day after Thanksgiving (aka, Black Friday). Hip2Save kicks off the festivities with this look at deals from CVS.
- Former intern Mike Restiano is keeping good company at Oxford this year, and he’s not alone. England tops the list of the 20 most popular study abroad destinations.
- “Put a cork in it” never sounded so thrifty. Check out these 25 things, from stamps to bathmats, that you can make with corks.
- Applying for a credit card is easy; it’s getting one that can prove to be more difficult. Money Crashers outlines 6 reasons why a creditor may deny your application.
- Enjoy HR secrets from earlier today? Then check out this piece in which The New York Times spoke with a dozen unnamed C.E.O.’s, as well as more than 135 graduates, about bridging the hiring gap.
- Fox Business lists 5 misunderstood auto insurance policy terms. And while Eddie Money explaining these would be more fun, you may have to rely on him (or someone else) to take you home tonight if you don’t know what your “comprehensive” policy actually covers you for.
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.