Here’s the news that caught my eye today while determining the proper, inexpensive way to honor Columbus.
(Of course you should go to Olive Garden. It’s the first place my uncle from Italy always wants to eat.)
- We’re in the second week of Nomtober, which means some more food-related links for you. Today: 7 cooking tips for the broke college student. (Yup, Ramen shows up in one of them.)
- Currently, federal and private student loans can only be discharged via bankruptcy under extreme circumstances. Will this always be the case? OnlineColleges.net examines what’s being done to try and reform these laws.
- It’s been a while since we had a student loan update from Bridget. However, she’s hardly been standing still with her debt. Check out what she’s been up to—spoiler: it’s exciting for her.
- UPROXX, you’ve done it again with a list of 40 cheap, pop culturally relevant Halloween costumes. This one is decidedly not lame.
- Speaking of costumes, Goodwill and other thrift shops offer a great selection to put the finishing touches on our outfit or gain some much needed inspiration. Check out WiseBread’s breakdown of the different types of thrift stores, so you know what to find and where.
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.