Here’s the news that caught my eye today while customizing my résumé for this new job opening.
(A couple years of youth basketball should do the trick, right? We all know Kobe runs that team anyway.)
- What can you learn about careers from an 85-year-old sushi chef who works at a tiny restaurant in a basement opposite a subway station? A lot, apparently.
- ResumeBear offers 10 ways your boss may know you’re looking for a new job—most of which feel delightfully intrusive (looking at your desktop icons, listening to your online playlists). Surprisingly, they missed the most telltale sign of all: reading the article itself. You’ve be warned.
- I have to imagine that this is a college course that Seth Cohen would absolutely love. (Is that being meta on top of meta?)
- Yesterday, we featured a roundup of disaster-related links. Our work’s not done, though. If you were impacted by the storm, check out this article outlining the assistance that some banks are offering victims through November 15 (and potentially beyond).
- Starting today, it’s officially hip to be square at Starbucks. No, they’re not selling Huey Lewis CDs (I wish!). They’re unveiling their new mobile payment platform. Here are the details for using it.
- And, finally, a happy Veterans Day to all of those who have served or are currently serving our country. To celebrate, take advantage of these deals for vets on Monday.
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.