Here’s the news that caught my eye today while wishing that I had invested in bacon futures.
(Note: Despite owning Trading Places, I have no idea how the futures market—or trading in general—works.)
- Last night, I went food shopping and saw that Halloween season has officially begun. (I also bought these.) The Internet confirms my suspicion, as Bargaineering outlines 5 homemade toddler Halloween costumes. Yes, it is still September.
- It took some litigation, but Discover is unveiling the greatest cash back program yet.
- For any international students reading this blog, check out these 5 tips from U.S. News for making friends in schools. Also, I really hope you’re not learning English from this site. Sometimes, we don’t use the best language.
- Cheapism breaks down Square, Google Wallet, and a bunch of other payment apps to determine whether any of them actually save you money.
- We know how important it is to get some job experience while you’re in school. If you’re still searching for part-time work this semester, start with the 10 jobs WiseBread has outlined for you.
What money-related news caught your interest today? Let us know in the comments.