Here’s the news that caught my eye today while wondering if the iPad 3 just became the world’s most expensive paperweight.
(And here I thought Apple always waited at least a year before making its products obsolete.)
- The debates are over, so now we can focus on actual issues—instead of one-liners. If you’re wondering about education policies, check out this article from Fox Business. It has a nice summary (which I’ll assume is “fair and balanced”) of each candidate’s position on loans, Pell grants, and more.
- A few weeks ago, student loan expert Betsy Mayotte said “wow” after a borrower from the military had trouble receiving student loan benefits. According to new findings from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, that borrower is not alone.
- Remember at the end of September when we started promoting Halloween stuff? Well, editorial calendars are speeding once again—as we’ve got 5 free Android apps to help you survive Black Friday, i.e., the day after Thanksgiving.
- Income-based repayment is a great resource for student loan borrowers struggling with their debts… if they qualify… and if they can understand the paperwork. Those are the two big hurdles preventing the use of this lifeline, according to Inside Higher Ed.
- Was the fake blood and fake fat from Michael’s earlier post not quite your speed? Well, then check out these 5 low-cost Halloween food ideas from Bargaineering. (Ice cream eyeballs sound pretty hard to pass up.)
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.