- Speaking of Montana, the NFL kicks off its new season tonight—which means a new season of fantasy football for 27 million Americans and Canadians. But is fantasy a morale booster or productivity killer? The Bradenton Herald examines.
- Lots of schools are starting classes this week. If you know your schedule, you may know whether a part-time job is right for you (presuming you want something more legitimate than a side hustle). Here are the top-15 part-time jobs for college students, according to About.com.
- Like their students, colleges are facing debt problems. According to research from Bain & Company, a third of the 1,700 higher education institutes they surveyed are on an “unsustainable financial path.” And a further third at risk of joining them.
- Before I left, I mentioned an article on how college students can relieve stress. That article’s answer? Naps. The Huffington Post offers a few more concrete options (though I’m not sure “hypnosis” is one of them).
- It’s been a big credit card day on the SALT Blog, with Mike visiting Credit Karma and the announcement of our latest webinar. Let’s keep that momentum going with these 3 credit card marketing traps that you should avoid.
What money-related news caught your interest today? Share it in the comments.