Here’s the news that caught my eye today while being blindsided by the fact that everything related to Peanuts doesn’t cost a nickel.
(Also, those lover letters definitely weren’t in the biography of Charles M. Schultz I read in middle school. Good grief indeed.)
- This almost feels like a video of the week come to life: Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia has set up a “puppy room” to help students unwind during exam time. Take that, Epsom Salt foot bath!
- Earlier this week, our interns presented to the senior staff team here at American Student Assistance (they did great, by the way). How you present yourself is crucial, so check out these tips from HackCollege that can help you conquer public communication.
- A 4.0 GPA is nice, but it’s not necessarily a guarantee for success. So what do you need for long-term success in the future? Jullien “PurposeFinder” Gordon lists four key things. (Surprisingly, a really cool nickname isn’t one of them.)
- We know everything’s bigger in Texas (including employment opportunities; congrats, Evelyn!). But soon, everything could be more cohesive too, thanks to a proposal to standardize transferring between in-state college an universities.
- It’s a big week for octogenarians (and up) to explain financial topics. First, we had Mr. Burns talking about the fiscal cliff. Now, we have former Senator Alan Simpson dancing to “Gangnam Style” to urge millennials to help fix the national debt. (That’s the last time I trust the Internet to tell me when a fad is over.)
- Remember when I said the Pizza Hut cologne would force me to retire from the unnecessary purchase game? Well, just when I think I’m out… they release $81 edible iPhone cases.
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.