Here’s the news that caught my eye today while wondering just who Delaware thinks it is.
(Those 5.8 million crickets won’t pay for themselves!)
- This writer from The Billfold details her 10-week journey through Dave Ramsey’s FPU: Financial Peace University. It sounds like an episode of Go On, but slightly more enjoyable. (Dave Ramsey isn’t as self-absorbed as Ryan King, right? Oh, who am I kidding… no one even knows how “Ryan King” is.)
- We’re just 7 days away from Christmas. If you’ve been holding on out buying gifts, don’t order them online from J.C. Penney, Walmart, or Target. They won’t arrive in time, according to this infographic of which online retailers ship the fastest.
- Sick of us talking about Christmas, or sick of Christmas in general? Well, you can exact some revenge and make some money on the side. Taking down decorations is just one of the five ways US News says college students can earn money during winter break.
- Last week, Bridget told us unused gift cards were great deals. Here’s why: This year, $1.7 billion in gift cards will not be spent… and that’s an improvement over past years!
- Wise Bread is following our lead in finding financial advice in AMC shows. Here are the frugality lessons they’ve learned from watching The Walking Dead. Can we expect money tips from The Killing to show up soon? (Hint: Invest in umbrellas.)
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.