Here’s the news that caught my eye today while being saddened by the fact that this stock will be worth nothing once all the lights go out…
(All new Revolution tonight! Catch the
fever slightly elevated temperature.)
- Feeling passive-aggressive about your student loans? So is Michelle Obama. Thank you, Michelle. (Just kidding.) (Not really.)
- It’s a tired Monday, but you can get a pick-me-up in the form a free cup of coffee from McDonald’s—and not just today, but through the entire week. Of course, participation varies.
- A new startup, Zero Bound, is aiming to help student loan borrowers pay off their debt via volunteer work. As a writer, I can’t endorse their tagline (“You Are Not A Loan”… yikes!); however, as this blog’s writer, I certainly hope the idea is legit.
- Bargaineering lists 5 surprising high-income jobs. I think this site helped me identify the next title I want:
Senior Web EditorMajor Gifts Manager. (Salute!)
- The Register Guard in Oregon is running a whole series on “Debt by Degree.” In this segment, they tell the story of a woman with a troubling plan for getting out from under her loans: waiting until she dies.
- And, finally, ever watch one of those house-flipping shows and think, “I could do that”? Well, Budgets Are Sexy has a similar affliction with Storage Wars. Here’s are 10 things they learned when they threw their “YUUUP hat” into the bidding ring.
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.