(We should have gone the puppet route earlier to nab a celebrity supporter. So much time wasted on Jane Lynch…)
- John Mulaney joked that drops in the Dow Jones are incredibly frustrating—specifically because he had no clue what “the Dow Jones” is. Some of you probably feel the same way about “the fiscal cliff.” Luckily, Bargaineering sums things up nicely.
- What types of foods are actually fool-proof to prepare? This self-proclaimed “exceptionally thrifty lazy idiot” who messed up hot dogs (they’re pre-cooked!) lists his choices, as well as other ways to save money on food.
- Pretty soon, some students could be using their campus IDs to pay for late-night snacks and late-night rides. In Boston, two colleges have set it up so students can swipe their IDs to pay cab fares.
- Is your dream job to be a balloon sculpter or yarn bomber? Well, according to Time, these are two of nine dream jobs that actually pay. (Though they may not pay as much as you’d like; that yarn bomber earns $20,000 a year.)
- Fun fact: 19% of cellphones end up in a toilet. While you ponder whether that percentage seems high or low, check out this video about recovering your phone from water. It won’t save you any embarrassment, but it could save you some money.
- Don’t know what to get that person who has everything? Check out this list of 33 unexpected gift ideas. How unexpected are they? Well, the first item on the list is Henry VIII underwear, so… pretty unexpected. (I mean, hopefully.)
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.