Here’s the news that caught my eye today while I was wondering how expensive a 3,000-person yoga class is. (You see the one guy in the red shirt? I hope he had to pay extra.)
- I spend my days seeking a sign that the student loan crisis has reached its tipping point. I’m not sure, but this may be it: BET is providing tips for repaying student loans on its website. I guess I won’t need to start a campaign to get The Game to talk about 529 plans!
- Did you move somewhere new this month? (Maybe.) Did you read your lease before doing so? (Hopefully.) If you didn’t, check out these 5 things college students should know about leases.
- The Billfold details a trip to Seattle’s unemployment office, referencing Renaissance Man along the way. How someone aware of that fine Danny DeVito movie could be unemployed is a conversation for another day…
- Mashable has the scoop on 5 free texting apps that could allow you to slice your cell phone bill.
- Want an idea for a cheap night out? How about 15 ideas instead? That’s what Wise Bread is offering up. Not all of these suggestions mesh with my own experiences (karaoke: surprisingly expensive), but there’s a lot of creative thinking here.
Have your own idea for a cheap night out? Share it below in the comments.