(Oh, Tina. Why does 30 Rock ever have to end? Don’t you know how much we’ll miss Jack and Tracy??)
- If my recaps of the career mistakes of the characters of New Girl aren’t your style and you’re into a younger, hipper crowd, then check out these tips from CareerBuilder that analyze the career trajectories of the ladies on HBO’s Girls. (Sorry, fellas, apparently no one wants to write job-related blogs about guy-centered shows like Workaholics. Actually, I’d love to do it, but I can safely say that there are no lessons to be had there, only laughs.)
- Uh-oh, more bad news for all the future grads out there (myself included) as CNNMoney details the rising percent of low-skill jobs that are being done by those with a degree. Cab drivers, for example, are now 15% college graduates, as opposed to only 1% in 1970. Ah, 1970: When college grads didn’t drive cabs and NBA players looked like this (instead of how they do now).
- We’ve covered food on a budget a lot here at the SALT™ Blog because it is such an important area to find savings. Here are HackCollege’s 11 rules for eating cheap in college. (Bonus points for that picture of some delicious pancakes.)
- If you’re looking to save more than a couple bucks because you have a big life change coming, Yahoo! Finance is here to help with a few ways to handle some of life’s biggest changes (getting married, having a baby, buying a house, paying for college, and retiring). If you’re planning to do all five at once, you might want to rethink that.
- Facebook’s expansion and changes may never end, and the latest tweaks could be big for recruiters and potential employees. Forbes does an excellent job of giving you a full breakdown of what it all means and how it will affect the job search process. If only recruiters were interested in witty photo comments and wall posts—then I’d be in the clear.
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.