Here’s the news that caught my eye while wondering how to apply for this job.
(I know my trivia and have no problems living in a huge glass box. This could mean some serious money for me.)
- College students need easy meals that work under a budget. Frozen waffles, while not glamorous, absolutely fit the bill. The Daily Meal tested and reported on the best you can buy. The big news? Eggo lost! Regardless of your brand choice, Leslie Knope said it best, “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” Wise words.
- Seeing as breakfast is the most important meal of the day, let’s do another story about morning food! Mother’s Day is on its way, and we all need to figure out a way to flatter our moms. Why not breakfast in bed? BuzzFeed has a list of ways to make it extra special, some of which can save you some serious cash.
- Let’s switch from morning to the nightlife. WiseBread compiled 53 night-time activities that cost under $10. Some advice: Bookmark that page and go back to it when you find an empty, boring night. More advice: Don’t do all of them in one night.
- For those of you in the work force, saving money is a lot easier if you’re getting paid more. Mint.com looks at what the best possible day is to ask for a raise. I wonder if it’s today. (Editor’s note: Nope.) (Actual editor’s note: Certainly no if you’re going to write your own editor’s note!) OK, maybe not.
- Seniors! The job market is looming. We’re all hoping that we’re headed into the right industry. CareerCast helps out with a ranking of 200 different jobs from #1 to #200. This list is either a big confidence booster (yay, actuaries!) or tough to swallow (sorry, lumberjacks).
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.