Here’s the news that caught my eye today while wondering how quickly I could scrap together $199.
- We love a list of easy, inexpensive recipes so of course we’re going to link to Hack College’s list of easy to make grub inspired by the HBO crossover hit Game of Thrones. The recipes are all taken from George R.R. Martin’s series of books that the show is based on and can all be cooked in the comfort of a college kid’s apartment. Much of the food sounds great, but I wouldn’t recommend eating a horse heart. (Fans of the show know what I’m talking about. I’ll spare you the link though—it’s gross.)
- Target seemingly has low prices on just about everything you could want. There are still tons of ways to save at that store even more, and Bargain Babe has you covered with a great list. Follow those tips and you’ll easily target some big savings! (Ugh, sorry. Let’s move on.)
- Great news! Americans under 35 are in less debt than they were 10 years ago. Oh wait, CNN Money points out that it’s probably because the recession has made young adults too broke to even get into debt in the first place. That’s a tough one: not enough money to owe people money. Makes my brain hurt.
- Buying a car soon but don’t know how to negotiate with the salesman? Savvy Sugar runs down seven ways to handle that situation. Remember, don’t be intimidated—most salesmen can’t even make a good TV commercial.
- Budgeting isn’t easy. It’s even harder for a family of four living on only $14,000 per year. Danielle and Jason Wagasky pull it off though, with tons of tricks and shortcuts. Best of all, they do it without being dumpster-diving weirdos.
What money-related news caught your eye today? Let us know in the comments.